History of the Quilt 3
| 2 | 3 | 4
| 5 | 6
These descriptions for the quilt blocks were written in 1976 by the Bicentennial
Club of the McFarlin School under the direction of Ms. Janice Carragher
and Ms. Virginia Blouin. They were assisted by sixth grade students Terry
Cryts, Sirry Karlsson, Melissa Micol, Susan Burns, Judy Fahey, and Kim
McBride in 1976.
Return to picture of quilt
Was once manufactured in East Chelmsford on Brick Kiln Road. The 1802
School House was made from these bricks as well as many of the older houses
Was an important occupation in early Chelmsford during winter months.
1802 School House
Was constructed of brick from East Chelmsford to replace the original
school house on this site, dating to 1718.
Located in West Chelmsford, was established in the 1820's. During the
Civil War the manufacture of swords replaced scythe making.
Was manufactured at a glass works in Middlesex Village established in
1802. The Barrett-Byam Museum has an extensive collection of Chelmsford
Revolutionary War Monument
Was erected on the Common in 1859, in honor of the townsmen of Chelmsford
who served their country in the struggle for independence.