Free Tax Assistance

In the beginning of each year, an AARP volunteer tax consultant will be available at the main library to offer free tax assistance. Please contact the Reference Department at (978) 256-5521, ext. 211, to make an appointment. Or, see other AARP Tax Aide sites nearby.

Please bring the following with you when you come:

  • current year's tax forms and preparation booklet (available in the library or from the websites listed below)
  • copy of last year's income tax return(s) and supporting documentation
  • W-2 and W-2p forms from each employer, if you earned a salary
  • all receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions
  • all 1099 forms showing interest and/or dividends and original purchase price of sold assets, including:
    • 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-misc., etc.
    • SSA-1099 form if you were paid Social Security benefits
    • 1099R form from the payer of your pension or annuity
  • all forms indicating federal income tax paid
  • child care provider information (name, employer, ID, Social Security number)
  • Social Security numbers for all dependents.
  • unemployment compensation statements

  • Time until 15 April, 2015:

Massachusetts Tax Forms & Information:
Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Department of Revenue - Tax Forms

Federal Tax Forms & Information:
Internal Revenue Service - Tax Forms

Tax Help is provided by the American Association of Retired People:

AARP Tax-Aide