Time until 18 April, 2017:
(This year’s deadline was extended due April 15th being a Saturday and Emancipation Day on Monday, April 17th)
Massachusetts and Federal tax forms are available in the library. We receive the MA Department of Revenue’s Form 1 for both Residents and Non-Residents, and Federal forms as part of the IRS’ Tax Form Outlet Program. As such, we are entirely reliant on them for the availability of tax forms.
If we do not have copies of the form you need, our Reference Staff can print them for you. We will print one copy of each tax form at no charge, and the cost for additional copies, or for instructions, is $0.15 per page. Forms and instructions are available online:
Free Tax Assistance
At the beginning of each year, an AARP Tax-Aide volunteer tax consultant will be available at the main library to offer free tax assistance. Please contact the Reference Department at 978-256-5521 x211 to make an appointment. Or, see other AARP Tax Aide sites nearby.
Please bring the following with you when you come:
- current year’s tax forms and preparation booklet (available in the library or from the websites listed below)
- copy of last year’s income tax return(s) and supporting documentation
- W-2 and W-2p forms from each employer, if you earned a salary
- all receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions
- all 1099 forms showing interest and/or dividends and original purchase price of sold assets, including:
- 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-misc., etc.
- SSA-1099 form if you were paid Social Security benefits
- 1099R form from the payer of your pension or annuity
- all forms indicating federal income tax paid
- child care provider information (name, employer, ID, Social Security number)
- Social Security numbers for all dependents.
- unemployment compensation statements