How smitten am I with David Almond’s books?
1. I drove to a children’s literature conference in Toronto for an opportunity to hear him speak.
2. I will read everything he publishes.
3. He is tied with Roald Dahl in the standings for my favorite children’s author.
4. I have very high expectations […]
Finished Book 2 (and all my necessary chores/errands for the day) and am about halfway through Book 3.
Here’s the 5 things I loved about Raven Summer by David Almond (a.k.a. Book 2):
1. Powerful family dynamics, involving supportive parents and an imaginative teen.
2. Beautiful depictions of damaged teens who are never defined […]
Ten Original Tales of Freaks, Illusionists, and Other Matters Odd and Magical
This new collection of short stories is edited by Deborah Noyes, who also brought us the creepy collections: The Restless Dead and Gothic!
Just in time for October, this book is wonderfully eerie with stories from David Almond, Cynthia Leitich Smith and Vivian […]