The Chelmsford Public Library System accepts, as its basic objective, the
provision of materials and services to the public, as outlined in the American
Library Association’s “Minimum Standards for Public Library Systems, 1965”:
- To facilitate informal self-education of all people in the community.
- To meet the informational needs of all by providing materials or
- To enrich and further develop the subject areas in which individuals
are undertaking formal education.
- To encourage the use of library materials and services for recreation.
- To support the educational, civic, and cultural activities of groups and
Approved, Library Board of Trustees, December 2015