On Wednesday, May 5th, the Board of Trustees of the Chelmsford Public Library held an “Open House” style meeting at the MacKay Branch Library. More than 70 patrons of the Library were in attendance, representing a broad cross-section of library users and neighbors.
The full notes from the Open House are available on our website, and here are some of the highlights from the evening:
- The Trustees presented an overview of how the library is funded
- The library received level-service funding for FY2011, which means no cuts are expected
- Factors that influence staffing levels and operating hours at the MacKay Branch
- The Trustees are committed to keeping the MacKay Branch open
- Questions from patrons:
- Can patron’s contribute or do fundraising to benefit the library?
- What will it take to restore hours to MacKay?
- Could a tax bill insert be used to fund the library?
Please read the full notes from the Open House. If you have comments or questions, you can contact the Trustees directly or Becky Herrmann, Library Director, at email@example.com or 978-256-5521 x101.
Another Open House is scheduled at the Main Library for Wednesday, June 16th, 7:00-8:00 PM.