Did you know May is National “Get Caught Reading” month? Here are some fun tips to keep you reading every day!
- Stash a book or magazine in every room of the house – you never know when you’ll need a reading break, and it’s good to have something interesting on hand (you can only read the back of the cereal box so many times, right?)
- Keep e-readers and tablets charged up – and make sure you have a few good reads from Overdrive and Hoopla ready to go!
- Go audio! If you’ve never tried listening to an audio book, now may be the month for it! Download a few to your phone and listen while doing chores or walking the dog.
- Enjoy a Family Read! Whether you take turns reading each chapter aloud every night, or every family member reads the same book and you discuss as you go, it’s a fun activity for all ages. Contact a BookWise Librarian for personalized suggestions, or use a Reader’s Advisory database like Novelist.
- Try a Book Group! Many of our regular book groups are continuing to meet virtually – check out our Events Calendar for more info!
And don’t forget that the Library is here to support you! The building may be closed, but we are available via phone and email, and our website is chock full of great resources to keep you reading this month and always 🙂