- you’re snowed in?
- you haven’t finished the last chapter?
- you haven’t had a chance to watch that DVD?
- you know your daughter has the book somewhere in her room, but she just can’t find it?
- you’re going on a trip and won’t be back for a few days?
- your son just needs two more days to finish his big project?
No problem – if you need more time on your library items, you can renew them either by calling the library at 978-256-5521, or renew online from the comfort of your home, 24 hours a day. Here’s how:
- Go to https://www.chelmsfordlibrary.org and click on the link that says “Catalog” (or go directly to http://catalog.chelmsfordlibrary.org)
- Click either the “My Account” tab along the top of the screen, or the “Login” link in the top right corner
- Use your library number and PIN to log in. Keep in mind that:
- there should be no spaces or dashes in your library card number
- your PIN is the last four digits of your telephone number
- On your Account screen, click the “Checked Out / Renew” link (first tan bar)
- Check the little box to the left of the item(s) you’d like to renew, then click the “Renew” button
This will renew your item and display the new due date unless:
- this item has been requested by another patron
- it has already been renewed the maximum number of times
If you have any questions about renewing items or using the library’s catalog or website, please contact the Reference Desk.