Our new catalog is now live! Check it out at chelmsfordlibrary.org/catalog! Remember that all user account PINs have been reset to the last 4 digits of the phone number on file.
Now that it’s up, we will be checking in all the materials returned these past few days! Please bear with us as we are still configuring the new system. If you have any issues that persist past this week with your account, please e-mail one of our Assistant Directors at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for all your understanding during this transition, and we are excited for our new and improved catalog!
In mid-May, the Chelmsford Public Library, and the rest of the MVLC libraries, will launch a new library catalog!
- More features, better searching, and a great new design
- New and popular items will be much easier to find and request
- In addition to books and DVDs, searches will eventually include electronic items like ebooks, downloadable music and audiobooks, and streaming movies and TV shows – over 3 million items in all!
- Easier to see if what you want is available on the shelf right now – even ebooks!
- You’ll be amazed at how easy downloading from Overdrive becomes
- Ability to pay your fines and fees with a credit or debit card right from the catalog
Don’t worry, you won’t lose the features you love, like reading suggestions, reviews, and making your own lists. Of course, you’ll still be able to log in to manage your account and holds just as you always have.
We’re still adding final touches and customizing features, but here’s a small sample of what the new catalog will look like:
But What’s The Catch?!?
The changeover will require our software, including self-check machines, to be offline for a few days starting on May 15th. You won’t be able to log in to your account during that time either. But on May 18th, we plan to have everything back up and working fine. The changeover requires resetting all PINs to the last four digits of your telephone number, so you’ll have to reset your password if you changed it in the old system.
Let Us Know What You Think!
We hope you’ll like our catalog’s new look and capabilities. As always, let us know if you have any questions – library staff will be happy to take you on a tour!