Read To Your Child
- Books we’ve read in storytimes, plus some comments:
Books for Babies – Books for Toddlers – Books for Preschoolers
- Classic Picture Books
A self-guided nature trail with picture book pages along the way, for ages 2 and up. StoryWalk is available dawn to dusk May 1 – Nov 1 and is located at Sunny Meadow Community Garden
- Storytime schedule
- StorytimeTV on Chelmsford Telemedia
Watch staff from the public library and public schools read picture books on The Chelmsford Library’s TV show. Tune into Chelmsford Telemedia every evening at 7:00 pm for stories on the Educational Channels: Comcast 22 or Verizon 36. There are times that live programming may be shown rather than the stories. Tune in again the next evening, or check CTM’s online schedule.
Early Literacy Blog Posts
- Play With Your Child! - Have puppets, dolls, and other toys available for pretend play.
- Sing With Your Child! - Pick up a new CD from the library by an artist you are not familiar with and listen to it together or visit the CPL website. www.chelmsfordlibrary.org
- Write With Your Child! - Collect photos of relatives and put them in a book with the name of each person.
- Read With Your Child! - Label containers that hold your child’s things. For example, write “LEGOS” on a box that stores the Legos. You an also include a picture of a Lego.
Early Literacy Websites
A fun online phonics approach to learning to read
- Every Child Ready To Read
Basis for many literacy practices at the Chelmsford Library
- Reading Rockets
Dedicated to helping parents understand ways to help children learn to read
- US Dept. of Education – Help my Child Read
Educational excellence leads to global competitiveness. Learn many ways of helping children to read.