Read To Your Child
- Books we’ve read in storytimes, plus some comments:
Books for Babies – Books for Toddlers – Books for Preschoolers
A self-guided nature trail with picture book pages along the way, for ages 2 and up. StoryWalk is available dawn to dusk May 1 – Nov 1 and is located at Sunny Meadow Community Garden.
- Storytime schedule
- StorytimeTV on Chelmsford Telemedia
Watch staff from the public library and public schools read picture books on The Chelmsford Library’s TV show. Tune into Chelmsford Telemedia every evening at 7:00 pm for stories on the Educational Channels: Comcast 22 or Verizon 36. There are times that live programming may be shown rather than the stories. Tune in again the next evening, or check CTM’s online schedule.
Early Literacy Blog Posts
- Play With Your Child! - Pick a letter from the alphabet and have everyone walk around the house and find items that begin with that letter. For example, if you pick the letter D, you might find a dog and a desk.
- Sing With Your Child! - Attend free and local concerts and performances.
- Write With Your Child! - Have blank books available for children to draw and write their own stories.
- Read With Your Child! - Check out Storytimes on Chelmsford Telemedia (Comcast Channel 22 or Verizon Channel 36)
Early Literacy Websites
A fun online phonics approach to learning to read
- Every Child Ready To Read
Basis for many literacy practices at the Chelmsford Library
- Reading Rockets
Dedicated to helping parents understand ways to help children learn to read
- US Dept. of Education – Help my Child Read
Educational excellence leads to global competitiveness. Learn many ways of helping children to read.