The Chelmsford Library is happy to cater to the needs of our senior patrons. Please contact us at 978-256-5521 with specific concerns or questions.
- One-on-One Sessions – Our Reference Staff works with patrons individually to help with specific problems (like creating a resume, troubleshooting unusual errors) or for more general topics (learning Microsoft Word, basic introduction to the internet). Make an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-256-5521 x1211.
- Tech Talks – Monthly presentations on a tech topic – it could be instructive (how to get the most out of Excel), explaining a tech trend (what Bitcoin is all about), or general tech information (the basics of computer lingo). Check out the schedule of upcoming Tech Talks
- Drop-In Help – Call us or stop by the Reference Desk on the lower level of the Library any time for in-person help!
- Common Scams that Target the Elderly – From SeniorLiving.com, this is a list of examples and explanations of how scams work and ways to protect against them.
- Common Sense Media – Reviews of apps, movies and games for children
- News & Media Evaluation – Chelmsford Public Library’s guide to evaluating bias and false reporting, including fake news, so that you can make informed decisions.
- TechBoomers – Free articles that teach people how to use technology to make their lives easier (and more fun!)
- These technology tutorials will help you learn more about computers and technology, from basics to more specific or advanced topics:
If you need help with tech questions, our Reference Staff can help! We offer both Tech Training sessions each month, and One-on-One appointments at your convenience. Call us at 978-256-5521 x1211 for details.