Featured Online Resources
Find a job, find a person, find a business! A job search, white pages, and mailing list database that searches more than 30 million businesses and executives, 7 million jobs, 220 million residents, and 7.9 million healthcare professionals. Ideal for sales leads, mailing lists, market research, employment opportunities, finding friends and relatives, and much more!
Barron’s Financial Magazine (available in library)
Ask at Reference Desk for login
In-Library Access: https://id.barrons.com/access/pages/barrons/us/login_standalone.html
Provides in-depth analysis and commentary on the markets, updated every business day online. Print edition available in the Newspaper Room.
Integrates news, global viewpoints, reference materials, country information, primary source documents, videos, statistics, and more in a single search with a global perspective.
Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about the 175+ countries around the world. Useful for business travelers, tourists, and students. Topics for each country include society and culture, travel essentials, business culture, communications, traditions, and even includes recipes for ethnic dishes.
Online collection of over 3,000 computer and technical ebooks, covering programming, design, desktop publishing, ecommerce, online business, hardware and more, from publishers such as O’Reilly, Wiley, Pretence Hall, and many more. Browse Safari titles in the catalog.
Please Note: Only 40 people can be using Safari at a time. If the database won’t let you in, please try back later. If access problems persist, please contact the Reference Desk.
Firefox Users: You may be required to delete your browser’s cookie before accessing Safari. To do this, go to Tools > Options > Privacy, and look for the Show Cookies option, then search for and remove the Safari cookie. If access problems persist, please contact the Reference Desk.
Information on all aspects of starting and operating a business, including accounting, finance, human resources, management, marketing, tax, and more. It combines authoritative periodical and reference content to support prospective and current entrepreneurs as well as business students. Experience an easy-to-browse interface mapped to four key stages—plan, fund, start, and manage—to fit your research needs at any point in your business’s development.
Social Law Library (available in library)
Ask at Reference Desk for login
In-Library Access: http://www.socialaw.com/account/librarylogin
Collection of Massachusetts court and state agency decisions from the Social Law Library’s legal research databases; provided by the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners.
Improve your skills with 500+ self-paced courses, with topics ranging from accounting, history, finance, web development, homeschooling, crafts, test preparation, career training, science, mathematics, and much more. You can learn a new hobby, improve your resume, or earn CEUs and Certificates. Create an account with your library card to log in on future visits.
- Barron’s – Current year only: Periodicals Room
- Banker & Tradesman – Current year only. Reference Desk
- Economist – Current year only: Periodicals Room
- Forbes – Current year only: Periodicals Room
- Kiplingers Personal Finance – Current year only: Periodicals Room
- Money – Current year only: Periodicals Room
- Morningstar ETFInvestor – 6/07-. Reference Area
- Wall Street Journal – Last 2 months. Newspaper Room
- Value Line Investment Survey – Current issues only. Reference Desk
- Value Line Fund Advisor – Current issues only. Reference Desk
Non-Fiction & Reference Books
Business-related print resources are shelved in both the Non-Fiction (available to check out) and Reference (not available to check out) collections, according to the Dewey Decimal System. Our catalog is available for searching, but general topics can also be found by browsing the shelf:
- 174.4 – Business Ethics
- 331 – Human Resources
- 332 – Finance
- 336.2 – Business Income Tax
- 338.9 – Economics
- 346.07 – Business Law
- 657 – Accounting
- 658 – Business Management
- 659 – Advertising
Additional Online Resources
- Boston Public Library’s Kirstein Business Branch – a specialized business reference and research service of the Boston Public Library located in a separate building near Boston’s financial district
- Consumer.gov – A government website that helps consumers learn to manage and use money wisely, use credit and loans carefully, and protect your identity and money
- MA FreeLegalAnswers.org – Anyone who qualifies for this service can ask volunteer attorneys a specific question about your civil legal issue