With thousands of international recipes, hundreds of fascinating culture and ingredient articles, and essential culinary resources, AtoZ World Food brings international cuisines to you, from Albanian byrek to Zimbabwean matemba! Recipes can be printed, emailed, or saved to your account for later.
CQ Researcher provides award winning in-depth coverage of the most important issues of the day. Our reports are written by experienced journalists, footnoted and professionally fact-checked. Full-length articles include an overview, historical background, chronology, pro/con feature, plus resources for additional research. Graphics, photos and short “sidebar” features round out the reports. Shorter “Hot Topics” articles provide a solid introduction to subjects most in demand by students.
Engaging professors covering a wide variety of topics. You’ll have full access to all titles for one week. New users must create an RBDigital account. Please contact the Reference Desk for help or with questions.
Presents a multi-faceted comprehensive method (video, audio, games, quizzes, etc) for learning conversational language skills, including grammar and culture lessons, with both online and downloadable learning options. Languages include: French, German, Italian, Spanish (Latin American), Chinese (Mandarin), Japanese, Korean, Hindi, Arabic, English (from Spanish), American Sign Language.
Online collection of over 3,000 computer and technical ebooks, covering programming, design, desktop publishing, ecommerce, online business, hardware and more, from publishers such as O’Reilly, Wiley, Pretence Hall, and many more. Browse Safari titles in the catalog.
Please Note: Only 40 people can be using Safari at a time. If the database won’t let you in, please try back later. If access problems persist, please contact the Reference Desk.
Firefox Users: You may be required to delete your browser’s cookie before accessing Safari. To do this, go to Tools > Options > Privacy, and look for the Show Cookies option, then search for and remove the Safari cookie. If access problems persist, please contact the Reference Desk.
Improve your skills with 500+ self-paced courses, with topics ranging from accounting, history, finance, web development, homeschooling, crafts, test preparation, career training, science, mathematics, and much more. You can learn a new hobby, improve your resume, or earn CEUs and Certificates. Create an account with your library card to log in on future visits.
Additional Online Resources
- ESL Resources for Chelmsford Patrons – courses or other information for learning English as a speaker of another language
- Open Culture – This website is a hub for digital education, with links to thousands of online courses, free movies, free audiobooks, and free textbooks
- edX – This nonprofit, open source platform offers free online courses from college and university partners
- Khan Academy – Primarily video based, free lessons on a variety of subjects
- MIT Open Courseware – Access to hundreds of MIT courses for free, including access to recorded lectures, course materials, and some textbooks
- Driving-Test.org: MA Permit Practice – Free RMV permit practice tests, including 11 car practice tests, 6 motorcycle practice tests, 3 CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) practice tests, 3 online driver’s manuals (car, motorcycle, CDL), and an FAQ section with detailed answers to 100+ DMV-related questions. Please Note: Driving-Test.org is not affiliated with or evaluated by the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles. The official RMV Driver’s Manual is available on their website, along with additional driver’s education information.