Learn a new skill or hobby with 1,000+ award-winning art & craft video classes, taught by recognized design experts and artists. You can also see a list of project videos before logging in.
Engaging professors covering a wide variety of topics. You’ll have full access to all titles for one week. New users must create an RBDigital account. Please contact the Reference Desk for help or with questions.
A Social Learning Platform for Wellness and Personal Development. Find and interact with top authors, experts, and teachers in expert-led programs covering cooking, nutrition, child care, financial wellness, fitness, yoga, mindfulness, stress reduction, and much more!
A comprehensive self-paced ACT and SAT test prep program. Designed to work seamlessly with students’ unique learning styles and busy schedules, Method Test Prep includes helpful diagnostic evaluations, lessons, quizzes, and full-length exams.
Tutorials created by staff in Chelmsford and libraries across the country, focusing on technology and research topics. Click into any tutorial for a step-by-step guide, with text, graphic, and video instructions, on topics such as using Microsoft Word, using Instragram, researching your family’s genealogy, buying a new computer, and more. We also take suggestions for new tutorials!
A great resource for getting started with or organizing research. Provides self-paced tutorials to learn how to Find Information, Evaluate Information, and Use Information, although with specific tools (such as a citation builder) to help along the way with a student’s project.
Presents a multi-faceted method (video, audio, games, quizzes, etc) for learning conversational language skills, including grammar and culture lessons, with both online and downloadable learning options. Languages include: French, German, Italian, Spanish (Latin American), Chinese (Mandarin), Japanese, Korean, Hindi, Arabic, English (from Spanish), American Sign Language.
Online collection of over 3,000 computer and technical ebooks, covering programming, design, desktop publishing, ecommerce, online business, hardware and more, from publishers such as O’Reilly, Wiley, Pretence Hall, and many more. Browse Safari titles in the catalog.
Please Note: Only 40 people can be using Safari at a time. If the database won’t let you in, please try back later. If access problems persist, please contact the Reference Desk.
Firefox Users: You may be required to delete your browser’s cookie before accessing Safari. To do this, go to Tools > Options > Privacy, and look for the Show Cookies option, then search for and remove the Safari cookie. If access problems persist, please contact the Reference Desk.
Additional Online Resources
- ESL Resources for Chelmsford Patrons – courses or other information for learning English as a speaker of another language
- Open Culture – This website is a hub for digital education, with links to thousands of online courses, free movies, free audiobooks, and free textbooks
- edX – This nonprofit, open source platform offers free online courses from college and university partners
- Khan Academy – Primarily video based, free lessons on a variety of subjects
- MIT Open Courseware – Access to hundreds of MIT courses for free, including access to recorded lectures, course materials, and some textbooks
- DMV-Practice-Test: Free practice tests for every state (including Massachusetts. Please Note: dmv-practice-test is not affiliated with or evaluated by the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles. The official RMV Driver’s Manual is available on their website, along with additional driver’s education information.
- Driving-Test.org: MA Permit Practice – Free RMV permit practice tests, including 11 car practice tests, 6 motorcycle practice tests, 3 CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) practice tests, 3 online driver’s manuals (car, motorcycle, CDL), and an FAQ section with detailed answers to 100+ DMV-related questions. Please Note: Driving-Test.org is not affiliated with or evaluated by the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles. The official RMV Driver’s Manual is available on their website, along with additional driver’s education information.