Read To Your Child
- Books we’ve read in storytimes, plus some comments:
Books for Babies – Books for Toddlers – Books for Preschoolers
A self-guided nature trail with picture book pages along the way, for ages 2 and up. StoryWalk is available dawn to dusk May 1 – Nov 1 and is located at Sunny Meadow Community Garden.
- Storytime schedule
- StorytimeTV on Chelmsford Telemedia
Watch staff from the public library and public schools read picture books on The Chelmsford Library’s TV show. Tune into Chelmsford Telemedia every evening at 7:00 pm for stories on the Educational Channels: Comcast 22 or Verizon 36. There are times that live programming may be shown rather than the stories. Tune in again the next evening, or check CTM’s online schedule.
Early Literacy Blog Posts
- Best Picture Books & Middle Grade Fiction 2017 - With the end of the year approaching “Best of…” lists are popping up everywhere. Have you read these Best Picture Books of 2017? (Click the link to see the list in our catalog.) One of my personal favorites was written by famed author of The Day the Crayons Quit, Drew Daywalt. The Legend of Rock, Paper, Scissors … Continue reading Best Picture Books & Middle Grade Fiction 2017
- Read With Your Child! - Visit the library and borrow a book or two!
- Talk With Your Child! - Before you read a book to your child, look at the cover together and ask your child what he/she thinks the book might be about.
- Play With Your Child! - While playing with different toys, describe how they feel, what they look like and sounds that they make.
Early Literacy Websites
A fun online phonics approach to learning to read
- Every Child Ready To Read
Basis for many literacy practices at the Chelmsford Library
- Reading Rockets
Dedicated to helping parents understand ways to help children learn to read
- US Dept. of Education – Help my Child Read
Educational excellence leads to global competitiveness. Learn many ways of helping children to read.