Discover a comprehensive collection of authoritative periodicals and scholarly journals
Britannica Moderna es Enciclopedia española para estudiantes mayores y educadores. Incluye artículos, imágenes, mapas, tablas, cronologías, así como un completo diccionario y atlas. | Britannica Moderna is a Spanish encyclopedia for older students and educators. It includes articles, images, maps, tables, timelines, as well as a complete dictionary and atlas
Explore the updated online encyclopedia from Encyclopaedia Britannica with hundreds of thousands of articles, biographies, videos, images, and Web sites.
Collection of scholarly journals and general interest titles that covers everything from art and literature to economics and the sciences.
Our largest general-interest periodical resource allows you to find the information you want quickly, with intuitive searching that ensures you tap into quality sources.
Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about the 175+ countries around the world. Useful for business travelers, tourists, and students. Topics for each country include society and culture, travel essentials, business culture, communications, traditions, and even includes recipes for ethnic dishes.
Gale Interactive: Science is a highly visual online learning tool that takes visual-spatial learning to the next level by bringing the science lab online. High-value, multi-media digital content selected from authoritative classroom resources is paired with interactive 3D models to deliver a virtual laboratory simulation experience for students in middle school and high school grades.
Lingo LITE offers basic vocabulary training in 30 different languages, perfect for travelers and beginning language learners. Users can choose both the interface language and the language of study, and the instructional video and audio is presented by native speakers. You can also access Lingo LITE through their app, available in your smart device’s app store for free.
Tutorials created by staff in Chelmsford and libraries across the country, focusing on educational topics across a variety of subjects: business, finance, evaluating online information, health, research skills, and more. Click into any tutorial for a step-by-step guide, with text, graphic, and video instructions. We also take suggestions for new tutorials!
Tutorials created by staff in Chelmsford and libraries across the country, focusing on technology and research topics. Click into any tutorial for a step-by-step guide, with text, graphic, and video instructions, on topics such as using Microsoft Word, using Instragram, researching your family’s genealogy, buying a new computer, and more. We also take suggestions for new tutorials!
Provides coverage of topics in today’s news from multiple points of view, to help researchers evaluate topics from different angles. Find information in reference articles, infographics, news, images, video, audio, and more.
PebbleGo is a collection of curriculum-based resources for students to research through and learn from. There are two modules: Animals and Biographies. Both are specifically aimed at K-3 with easily navigable guidance.
Raise your scores and increase your chances of admission with all-inclusive test prep for over 185 exams, including SAT, ACT, and AP tests.
Contextual information on hundreds of today’s most significant science topics, with full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, experiments, images, videos, audio files and links to vetted websites.
Resources for Parents, Caregivers, and Teachers looking for help with online learning, entertaining kids and supplementing classroom instruction at home. Sign up for an account to access World Book’s online resources free!
Please Note: This resource is provided free by the publisher during the COVID-19 crisis.
Additional school-related books are available
- The majority of our education-related print resources are located on the EDU shelves, on the lower level next to the Teen Services Desk. Each call number starts with EDU, and ends with the year the book was published:
- Paying for School – EDU/Money
- School Guides & Directories – EDU/Schools
- Test Prep Books – EDU/Test
- Books about the education system are available in the regular non-fiction shelves in the 370s
- Career and professional school exam prep books are located on the lower level of the Main Library by the Reference Desk, on the Career tables
Additional Online Resources
- High School Ace – An academic homepage for high school students where you can find links to subject sites, news, and reference sites
- Study Stack – Find or create flashcards or other study activities for a variety of standardized tests and subjects
- MCAS Test Questions – MA Dept. of Education’s list of tests for the last five years
- MCAS Practice Tests – A place to find numerous MCAS practice tests
- Khan Academy – Primarily video based, free lessons on a variety of subjects
- The World Fact Book Online – Facts on every country and geographic entity in the world
- The US Historical Documents Archive – Contains the text of famous speeches, songs, documents, and more
- FactMonster – For fast information!
- Internet Public Library Science Fair Resource Guide – Information about various types of science fair projects you can do!
- Science Experiments for All Around Your Home – from HomeAdvisor
- ESL Resources for Chelmsford Patrons – courses or other information for learning English as a speaker of another language
- Collegedroid.com/Massachusetts – Handy list of MA colleges, with information on costs, majors, acceptance rates, student body profile, and more
Driving Test Practice:
- DMV-Practice-Test: Free practice tests for every state (including Massachusetts. Please Note: dmv-practice-test is not affiliated with or evaluated by the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles. The official RMV Driver’s Manual is available on their website, along with additional driver’s education information.
- Driving-Test.org: MA Permit Practice – Free RMV permit practice tests, including 11 car practice tests, 6 motorcycle practice tests, 3 CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) practice tests, 3 online driver’s manuals (car, motorcycle, CDL), and an FAQ section with detailed answers to 100+ DMV-related questions. Please Note: Driving-Test.org is not affiliated with or evaluated by the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles. The official RMV Driver’s Manual is available on their website, along with additional driver’s education information.