Featured Online Resources
Find a job, find a person, find a business! A job search, white pages, and mailing list database that searches more than 30 million businesses and executives, 7 million jobs, 220 million residents, and 7.9 million healthcare professionals. Ideal for sales leads, mailing lists, market research, employment opportunities, finding friends and relatives, and much more!
Gale OneFile: Leadership and Management Provides access to authoritative periodical content covering topics as diverse as 21st century skills, learning disorders, standardized testing, home schooling and more. Updated daily, this resource is useful for researchers or any professional educators interested in professional development.
Tutorials created by staff in Chelmsford and libraries across the country, focusing on educational topics across a variety of subjects: business, finance, evaluating online information, health, research skills, and more. Click into any tutorial for a step-by-step guide, with text, graphic, and video instructions. We also take suggestions for new tutorials!
Discover which careers suit you best, research potential career options, and explore the requirements and outlooks for the occupations you’re interested in.
- Help Wanted Newspaper Classifieds – Sunday papers are in the Newspaper Room
- Interviewing, Resume & Cover Letters, Starting Out/Returning To Work, Industry/Company Research – Check out the Career Resources section, located next on the tables by the Reference Desk
Additional Online Resources
- 50+ Job Seekers Networking Group of Greater Lowell – Join a professional forum for networking with peers in a safe and comfortable environment conducive to developing new relationships and developing skills and strategies to help in your career transition. Meets first and third Wednesday of each month at 9:30 am.
- Career One Stop – Explore careers, training requirements, search for jobs or local resources that can help. Sponsored by the US Dept. of Labor.
- Job-Hunt.org – Excellent practical how-to job search advice from genuine experts to help you have a smarter — and shorter — job search
- MassHire Boston: Boston’s Downtown MassHire location. Find career guidance and resources.
- MassHire Lowell: Lowell’s MassHire Career Center. Find career guidance and resources here.
- MassHire Lowell Quick Appointments: Schedule a quick phone appointment with a MassHire representative to assist you with unemployment.
MA Department of Unemployment Assistance Call Center: 877-626-6800; 8:30am-4:30pm M-F. Multilingual call agents available.
- MA Unemployment: Learn how to apply for unemployment in MA.
- MA Unemployment Benefits Fraud – This web portal is for identifying employment benefits scams and reporting fraud to the MA government.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook – For hundreds of occupations, research the average salaries, education required, job outlook, work environment, work schedules, etc. for your career search.
- Youtube Videos – These recordings are from job search programs the library ran digitally in 2020: