The Friends will collect fiction, CDs and DVDs, by appointment only, on Saturday, July 10 from 10:30-12:30 and Thursday, July 29 from 4:00-5:30.
To make an appointment, email the Friends of the Library at email@example.com.
Join the Friends of the Library or renew your membership now!
Become more involved in your public library and make new friends! The Friends meet on the first Thursday of each month at 7:00 PM. See the Agenda & Minutes.
Not a Chelmsford Resident? Click here!
Our Friends group is one of the largest and most active in the state. Our members organize and execute an enormous Book Sale each fall that raises over $20,000. Occasionally the Friends hold a Book Sale in the spring as well. The Friends are awesome! Their support makes possible educational, cultural, art and music programs for adults and children, as well as museum passes, computer workstations, equipment, and furniture for both the Anna C. MacKay Branch and the Main Library.
Our Friends are a mix of young and old, residents and non-residents who dedicate time and energy to enhance programs and services at CPL. Your membership in the Friends adds your name to the Friends email newsletter list and directs your membership dollars towards all the activities the Friends sponsor on behalf of the library.
Non-Chelmsford residents can also join and gain access to the library’s museum passes (which are funded by the Friends).
Here are some common ways members participate in the Friends:
- Help with the Book Sales
- Collect/sort books prior to the sale
- Setup the night before the sale
- Cashier/stock tables during the sale
- Online Book Sale
- Book Donation Info & Guidelines
- Help with 4th of July Activities
- Join the 4th of July committee
- Work the booth at the 4th of July fair
- Sell raffle tickets
- Help Throughout the Year
- Assist with mailings
- Data entry using Microsoft Excel/Word
- Assist with Special Events
- Join a committee
- Designate the CFOL as your nonprofit in the AmazonSmile program
The CFOL can benefit when you shop at Amazon – at no additional charge to you – through the AmazonSmile program! Please designate the Chelmsford Friends of the Library as the nonprofit you wish to support and the CFOL will receive 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases.
- Go to smile.amazon.com and sign into your account
- In the “Or pick your own charitable organization” box, type Chelmsford Friends of the Library, and click the search button
- Then in the center of the page, click the “Select” button to choose the CFOL
- Now when you shop at Amazon, start your searches at smile.amazon.com! These donations are deposited quarterly to the CFOL from the AmazonSmile Foundation.
Joining the Friends of the Library is easy. Simply click on the “Join now” link above or print out a Friends application form [pdf], complete it, and return it with your donation to:
Friends of the Library
Chelmsford Public Library
25 Boston Road
Chelmsford, MA 01824
Contact the Chelmsford Friends of the Library
General email: ChelmsfordFriends@gmail.com
|Book Sale Contact:||Madeleine Needlesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Membership Chair:||Lyn Careyemail@example.com|