Featured Online Resources
Find a job, find a person, find a business! A job search, white pages, and mailing list database that searches more than 30 million businesses and executives, 7 million jobs, 220 million residents, and 7.9 million healthcare professionals. Ideal for sales leads, mailing lists, market research, employment opportunities, finding friends and relatives, and much more!
Barron’s Financial Magazine (available in library)
Ask at Reference Desk for login
Provides in-depth analysis and commentary on the markets, updated every business day online. Print edition available in the Newspaper Room.
Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about the 175+ countries around the world. Useful for business travelers, tourists, and students. Topics for each country include society and culture, travel essentials, business culture, communications, traditions, and even includes recipes for ethnic dishes.
A database that contains detailed information on more than 12 million U.S. businesses. It provides addresses, sales information, executive names; it is searchable by state, city, zip code, area code, SIC code, and yellow page headings; and searches can be customized by company size, sales volume, geographic location, and industry.
Online collection of over 3,000 computer and technical ebooks, covering programming, design, desktop publishing, ecommerce, online business, hardware and more, from publishers such as O’Reilly, Wiley, Pretence Hall, and many more.
Please Note: Only 40 people can be using Safari at a time. If the database won’t let you in, please try back later. If access problems persist, please contact the Reference Desk.
Firefox Users: You may be required to delete your browser’s cookie before accessing Safari. To do this, go to Tools > Options > Privacy, and look for the Show Cookies option, then search for and remove the Safari cookie. If access problems persist, please contact the Reference Desk.
- Barron’s – Current year only: Periodicals Room
- Banker & Tradesman – Current year only. Reference Desk
- Economist – Current year only: Periodicals Room
- Forbes – Current year only: Periodicals Room
- Kiplingers Personal Finance – Current year only: Periodicals Room
- Money – Current year only: Periodicals Room
- Morningstar ETFInvestor – 6/07-. Reference Area
- Wall Street Journal – Last 2 months. Newspaper Room
- Value Line Investment Survey – Current issues only. Reference Desk
- Value Line Fund Advisor – Current issues only. Reference Desk
Non-Fiction & Reference Books
Business-related print resources are shelved in both the Non-Fiction (available to check out) and Reference (not available to check out) collections, according to the Dewey Decimal System. Our catalog is available for searching, but general topics can also be found by browsing the shelf:
- 174.4 – Business Ethics
- 331 – Human Resources
- 332 – Finance
- 336.2 – Business Income Tax
- 338.9 – Economics
- 346.07 – Business Law
- 657 – Accounting
- 658 – Business Management
- 659 – Advertising
Additional Online Resources
- Boston Public Library’s Kirstein Business Branch – a specialized business reference and research service of the Boston Public Library located in a separate building near Boston’s financial district
- Consumer.gov – A government website that helps consumers learn to manage and use money wisely, use credit and loans carefully, and protect your identity and money
- MA FreeLegalAnswers.org – Anyone who qualifies for this service can ask volunteer attorneys a specific question about your civil legal issue