Education and Learning Databases
CQ Researcher (available in library)
**Please ask at Reference Desk to be logged in**
CQ Researcher provides award winning in-depth coverage of the most important issues of the day. Our reports are written by experienced journalists, footnoted and professionally fact-checked. Full-length articles include an overview, historical background, chronology, pro/con feature, plus resources for additional research. Graphics, photos and short “sidebar” features round out the reports. Shorter “Hot Topics” articles provide a solid introduction to subjects most in demand by students.
Free RMV permit practice tests, including 11 car practice tests, 6 motorcycle practice tests, 3 CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) practice tests, 3 online driver’s manuals (car, motorcycle, CDL), and an FAQ section with detailed answers to 100+ DMV-related questions.
Please Note: Driving-Test.org is not affiliated with or evaluated by the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles. The official RMV Driver’s Manual is available on their website, along with additional driver’s education information.
Explore the updated online encyclopedia from Encyclopaedia Britannica with hundreds of thousands of articles, biographies, videos, images, and Web sites.
Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about the 175+ countries around the world. Useful for business travelers, tourists, and students. Topics for each country include society and culture, travel essentials, business culture, communications, traditions, and even includes recipes for ethnic dishes.
Presents a multi-faceted comprehensive method (video, audio, games, quizzes, etc) for learning conversational language skills, including grammar and culture lessons, with both online and downloadable learning options. Languages include: French, German, Italian, Spanish (Latin American), Chinese (Mandarin), Japanese, Korean, Hindi, Arabic, English (from Spanish), American Sign Language.
Additional school-related books are available
- The majority of our education-related print resources are located on the EDU shelves, on the lower level next to the Teen Services Desk. Each call number starts with EDU, and ends with the year the book was published:
- Paying for School – EDU/Money
- School Guides & Directories – EDU/Schools
- Test Prep Books – EDU/Test
- Books about the education system are available in the regular non-fiction shelves in the 370s
- Car repair resources are located on the lower level of the Main Library by the Local History Room, on the Car Repair tables
- Career and professional school exam prep books are located on the lower level of the Main Library by the Reference Desk, on the Career tables