Homework Help Databases
CQ Researcher (available in library)
**Please ask at Reference Desk to be logged in**
CQ Researcher provides award winning in-depth coverage of the most important issues of the day. Our reports are written by experienced journalists, footnoted and professionally fact-checked. Full-length articles include an overview, historical background, chronology, pro/con feature, plus resources for additional research. Graphics, photos and short “sidebar” features round out the reports. Shorter “Hot Topics” articles provide a solid introduction to subjects most in demand by students.
Look and Read learning tool for kids. Fun visual interface engages the learner with stories, nursery rhymes, songs, games, and videos.
Explore the updated online encyclopedia from Encyclopaedia Britannica with hundreds of thousands of articles, biographies, videos, images, and Web sites.
Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about the 175+ countries around the world. Useful for business travelers, tourists, and students. Topics for each country include society and culture, travel essentials, business culture, communications, traditions, and even includes recipes for ethnic dishes.
Periodicals database is designed for high-school students with access to a variety of indexed and full-text magazines, newspapers and reference books.
Covering 75 full-text curriculum-related magazines and 7 reference books, InfoBits targets the research needs of K- 5 students.
Online access to the Nations of the World handbooks, covering 200+ countries, detailing their history, culture, climate, politics, economy, geography, population, trade, and other key factors
Information and opinions on hundreds of today’s hottest social issues from full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, primary source documents, statistics, images, videos, audio files and links to vetted websites
Other Suggested Resources
- High School Ace – http://www.highschoolace.com
An academic homepage for high school students where you can find links to subject sites, news, and reference sites
- Study Stack – http://www.studystack.com
Find or create flashcards or other study activities for a variety of standardized tests and subjects
- MCAS Test Questions – http://www.doe.mass.edu/mcas/testitems.html
MA Dept. of Education’s list of tests for the last five years
- MCAS Practice Tests – http://www.mymcas.com/html_pages/quizzes.htm
A place to find numerous MCAS practice tests
- The World Fact Book Online – https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/index.html
Facts on every country and geographic entity in the world
- Internet Public Library Science Fair Resource Guide – http://www.ipl.org/div/projectguide/
Information about various types of science fair projects you can do!
- The US Historical Documents Archive – http://www.archives.gov/historical-docs/
Contains the text of famous speeches, songs, documents, and more
- FactMonster – http://www.factmonster.com
For fast information!
- Science Experiments for All Around Your Home – http://www.homeadvisor.com/article.show.Science-Experiments-for-All-Around-Your-Home.17372.html