Full text of nursing and allied health journals, plus the wide variety of personal health information sources, intended for informational purposes only.
Online access to Salem Press’ Magill’s Medical Guide. It is an up-to-date and easy-to-use compendium of medical information for student researchers, patients and caregivers, covering diseases, disorders, treatments, procedures, specialties, anatomy, biology, and issues in an A-Z format.
Comprehensive resource that nurses, students, and instructors trust to deliver quality results because it was designed to match the “Nursing Process.”
Online access to Salem Press’ Psychology & Mental Health, covering notable theories, people, social issues, life stages, the physiology and anatomy of the nervous system, and diagnoses, disorders, treatments, tests, for various mental illnesses or conditions, all in a simple, easy to use A-Z format.
Contextual information on hundreds of today’s most significant science topics, with full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, experiments, images, videos, audio files and links to vetted websites.
Health-related print resources are shelved according to the Dewey Decimal System. Our catalog is available for searching, but general topics can also be found by browsing the shelf:
- 610 – Medical Sciences General
- 611 – Human Anatomy
- 612 – Human Physiology
- 613 – Promotion of Health
- 614 – Forensic Medicine
- 615 – Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- 616 – Diseases
- 617 – Adult Medicine and Surgery
- 618 – Gynecology, Childbirth and Pediatrics
- 619 – Experimental Medicine and Research
Other Suggested Resources
- FDA Consumer Health Information – Replacing the FDA’s print publication, FDA Consumer, this website is the Food and Drug Administration’s source for consumer health and safety information
- Familydoctor.org – From the American Academy of Family Practitioners, designed to present disease and condition information to family and student audiences, with a search-by-symptom feature
- MASeniorCare.org – Information on senior care resources in Massachusetts
- MA Board of Registration in Medicine – Physician Profiles, including education, training, and experience of all licensed MA physicians
- AMA Doctor Finder – AMA DoctorFinder provides you with basic professional information on virtually every licensed physician in the United States. This includes more than 690,000 doctors
- Lowell General Hospital: Find a Physician – Online physician directory of LGH physicians who are currently accepting new patients
- Project INTERFACE: Chelmsford – Resources related to mental health and wellness for the benefit of children, adults and families as well as educators and mental health professionals