Bibliobites Book Group
Bibliobites is a book group with a culinary focus. We read a combination of cookbooks, culinary memoirs and Foodie fiction. We often pick a theme for a meeting and encourage members to try recipes related to the theme. We do not discourage members from bringing those recipes in for us to try! Bibliobites meetings are open to everyone, and meet the last Friday of the month at 11 am.
Previous Bibliobites Discussions
- Bibliobites in February: Just. Really. Good. (3/11/2023) - Every now and then our group takes on a title that hits a certain sweet spot: the recipes are familiar enough, but with some unexpected twists; the resulting dishes are high on the flavor meter and low on the effort scale; ingredients are easily located in your favorite supermarket; and most telling, you enjoy the … Continue reading Bibliobites in February: Just. Really. Good.
- Bibliobites in January: Going with the Grain (2/15/2023) - This January was a grainy month. To start with, the weather was unusually, depressingly, gray and rainy; and with a little funky math, gray + rainy = grainy! More to the point, our Bibliobites group tackled Grains For Every Season by author and restauranteur Joshua McFadden. The author’s first book, Six Seasons: A New Way … Continue reading Bibliobites in January: Going with the Grain
- Bibliobites in November/December: Another Dorie Story (1/6/2023) - Author Dorie Greenspan is a one-woman cookbook industry. Over the past thirty years she’s written fourteen cookbooks, won five James Beard Awards for them (and was nominated eleven times!), and endeared herself to countless readers who adore her warm, friendly personality as much as her warm, buttery baked goods. Our group has been in Dorie … Continue reading Bibliobites in November/December: Another Dorie Story
- Bibliobites in October: True Grit (11/29/2022) - Recipe for a Boston chef: take one chaotic upbringing, add several crazy adrenaline-fueled teenage escapades, a pinch of caution, and a spoonful of insecurity. Stir in heaps of fierce determination and on-the-job learning. Work all ingredients together 24/7 for about eight to ten years, then bake in a hot, hot oven until it all flames … Continue reading Bibliobites in October: True Grit
- Bibliobites in September: Legume Love, Tahini Trysts (10/18/2022) - We’re back! After a summer hiatus, our Bibliobites group met, in person (!), on a sunny September morning. It was wonderful to welcome members new and old, and catch up with those we’d lost touch with over the past few years. And we were eager to discuss this month’s title, Dada Eats Love to Cook … Continue reading Bibliobites in September: Legume Love, Tahini Trysts
- Join a book group! (8/12/2022) - September is just a few weeks away, and that means the return of our book groups! The Chelmsford Library hosts eight book groups, most of which meet from September through June every year. Whether you like fiction, nonfiction, classics, cookbooks, or mysteries; whether you prefer to meet at night, midday or morning, we have a … Continue reading Join a book group!