Database vendor Gale has released a set of new features to the InfoTrac databases and the PowerSearch platform. These databases can be used to find articles appearing in magazines, journals and books on a wide variety of subjects.
Many of the features were developed in response to end-user feedback. Some of the key features to note are:
- Enhanced Navigation, including a new “Document Tools” box (print, email, cite, download, translate) on each document
- RSS feeds for instant search and/or journal alerts
- “Did You Mean?” search feature provides alternate spellings and more preferred search terms
- Search Within Results, to help pinpoint specific information
- Enhanced Bookmarks, allowing direct access to articles
- Improved “How-to-Cite” tools
If you’re interested in learning about more enhancements or seeing what the changes look like, Gale has prepared a presentation (requires Microsoft PowerPoint): http://www.gale.com/Technical/PowerSearchSummer.ppt [ppt, 1.25MB]
To begin searching InfoTrac, please log in from the Library’s Databases webpage.
For help with this or any other Library database, please contact the Reference Desk.