Status of the Library, Updated Monday, July 13
As of Monday, July 13th, the library is open to the public, with reduced capacity – we’re calling it Library Express! Masks are required, and we’re asking people to limit their visits to 30 minutes.
In Phase 3, the building will be open for limited browsing, and masks are required for all staff and patrons. You are encouraged to come in, find what you’d like, and then take it home. To make space in the building for other patrons, we are asking everyone to limit their time in the library to 30 minutes. There will be no seating, and capacity limits for all areas of the building.
|What’s Available||What’s Not Available|
A limited number of computers will be available for 30 minute sessions. We also have laptops for use in the parking lot and tablets and Wi-Fi hotspots that can be checked out.
Capacity limits will be posted in each area, and at times we may reach the capacity limit. At those times, your patience and understanding will be especially valued as we will need to institute a waiting line to enter the building. Please be mindful of other patrons as you browse, both to maintain physical distance and to move on when you’re finished to allow other patrons access to library materials.
Wearing a mask is required to enter the library. We will wear masks to protect you and we ask that you do the same. Per the Governor’s Executive Order, this applies to all people over the age of two. For everyone’s safety, please bring and properly wear a mask the entire time you’re in the library. Curbside pickup and staff assistance (for selecting titles and services like faxing and printing) will be available for anyone who chooses not to enter the building.
Keeping the building clean and safe is our top priority! During your visit, you’ll notice plastic barriers at the service desks, markers on the floor for waiting in line, and a reconfigured furniture layout. All seating has been removed, and tables are being used as displays to spread out our materials and allow more space for browsing. The Children’s Room will have one door to enter and a different door for exiting. You’ll also see our maintenance staff routinely disinfecting high-touch areas and restrooms. Hand sanitizer will be available at all service desks, self-check computers, copiers, printers, and other areas. Please use these as you touch materials in the building.
All of our decision-making is guided by information from the Board of Library Commissioners, the MA Library System, the Board of Health and state and local recommendations. If the COVID-19 situation worsens, we may need to revert to Phase 2 guidelines.
Need to Reach us?
- Call us at 978-256-5521
- Email us at email@example.com
- Use live chat through our website at chelmsfordlibrary.org
- or connect with us on Facebook
As the situation changes, we will continue to provide updates as quickly as possible. Be sure to sign up for our Library newsletter to receive updates immediately!
COVID-19 Resources on the Internet
- CDC – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s landing page for the national response to COVID-19.
- Coronavirus.gov – US government website compiling information about COVID-19 advice for the public, and the government’s response.
- MA Government – The Massachusetts state government’s page detailing the state’s COVID-19 response and resources.
- National Institutes of Health – For information about coronavirus’s health effects.
- Congress – Congress.gov gives you access to the full text of bills considered and passed by the US Congress, including current legislation such as the CARES Act.
- COVID-19 PSA: Chelmsford Community Services – Jen Melanson, Chelmsford’s Community Services Coordinator, with info for Chelmsford residents who may need help with food assistance, mental health resources, or other social services, especially now during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please reach out to Jen at 978 770-7687 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Q – A new Chelmsford Telemedia talk show from Lisa Marrone along with three colleagues. It’s all about Questions related to the Quarantine.