Status of the Library
As of Tuesday, May 26, the Library is open for curbside pickup!
You can place holds online through the catalog, or call us at 978-256-5521 to place a new request. If you’d like staff to provide suggestions, you can do that online or by phone.
Hours for curbside pickup are 10am-8pm Monday-Thursday and 10am-4pm Friday and Saturday. Currently, we are limited to items in the building, because inter-library loan delivery has not restarted. You’ll be notified when your hold is ready, and you can stop by any time during curbside hours to pick it up – call us from the parking lot when you get here and we’ll bring it out (during busy times, please be patient!).
More You Can Do!
- Ebook, audiobooks, music, streaming video, and more are available at chelmsfordlibrary.org/econtent
- Dial-a-story to have a story read to you on the phone! For a new story each weekday, call 978-256-5521 x1234
- Chelmsford residents and Town employees can sign up for a library card online!
- Enjoy a live program online! Check our our events calendar for all of the book groups, storytimes, lectures, conversation circles, and more, currently meeting online
- You can return your library materials at this time, all due dates have been extended until June 30th. We can only accept returns in the outdoor book return box, and unfortunately cannot accept donations
Need to Reach us?
Staff will provide support as we work from home, but please be patient as response times may not be as quick as normally expected. Please use any of the options below and we will respond as quickly as we are able.
- Call us at 978-256-5521
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use live chat through our website at chelmsfordlibrary.org
- or connect with us on Facebook
As the situation changes, we will continue to provide updates as quickly as possible. Be sure to sign up for our Library newsletter to receive updates immediately!
COVID-19 Resources on the Internet
- CDC – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s landing page for the national response to COVID-19.
- Coronavirus.gov – US government website compiling information about COVID-19 advice for the public, and the government’s response.
- MA Government – The Massachusetts state government’s page detailing the state’s COVID-19 response and resources.
- National Institutes of Health – For information about coronavirus’s health effects.
- Congress – Congress.gov gives you access to the full text of bills considered and passed by the US Congress, including current legislation such as the CARES Act.
- COVID-19 PSA: Chelmsford Community Services – Jen Melanson, Chelmsford’s Community Services Coordinator, with info for Chelmsford residents who may need help with food assistance, mental health resources, or other social services, especially now during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please reach out to Jen at 978 770-7687 or at email@example.com
- The Q – A new Chelmsford Telemedia talk show from Lisa Marrone along with three colleagues. It’s all about Questions related to the Quarantine.