In the Collection
- Attorney General’s Elder Hotline 1-888-243-5337 (TTY: 617-727-4765) – The Elder Hotline is available to callers Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The hotline, which is staffed by senior volunteers, provides dispute resolution services and is a comprehensive resource for information and referral on a full range of concerns. Common concerns include: Debt and debt collection practices, Health insurance, Home improvement, Landlord/tenant issues, Long-term care insurance, Scam awareness, and Telemarketing.
- Chelmsford Senior Center Attorney Hours – 2nd Thursday of each month, 10:30-11:30am, by apt only. Call 978-251-0533. Free legal advice first Wednesday of each month, 5:30-7:30pm. Call 617-338-0610
- MA FreeLegalAnswers.org – Anyone who qualifies for this service can ask volunteer attorneys a specific question about your civil legal issue
- Mass Senior Legal Helpline – (phone: 800-342-5297) The helpline is for people 60 years or older in need of legal help. They provide free legal help and referral services. The helpline is available Mon-Fri from 9AM-12PM.
- Northeast Legal Aid – Provides free legal advice and representation in civil legal cases to low-income and elderly residents of parts of Essex and Middlesex counties.
- MA Bar Legal Referral Service – The Massachusetts Bar Association’s Lawyer Referral Service is one of the largest legal referral services in the nation, which makes it easy to connect you to the right lawyer in your area.
- Justice in Aging – Justice in Aging is a national organization that uses the power of law to fight senior poverty by securing access to affordable health care, economic security, and the courts for older adults with limited resources. Since 1972, we’ve focused our efforts primarily on those who have been marginalized and excluded from justice such as women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and people with limited English proficiency.
- Legal Services for Older Americans Program – There are approximately 1,000 Older Americans Act-funded legal services providers nationwide, which provide nearly one million hours of legal assistance each year. Search this site for programs, networks, and focus areas that support older Americans.
- National Senior Citizens Law Center – Advocates for low-income older adults on legal aspects of Medicare, Medicaid, long-term care, Social Security, and more.