In the Collection
- Chelmsford Housing Authority – The Chelmsford Housing Authority strives to meet the needs of the elderly, the disabled and families in need of affordable housing. Eligible applicants are able to apply for State Aided senior housing.
- Homeowner Options for Massachusetts Elders (H.O.M.E.) – (Call 1-800-583-5337) Provides comprehensive in-home counseling to low/moderate income elder homeowners on financial home ownership issues to enable successful aging-in-place. Services include: remainder of life planning, budgeting, income maximization, equity conservation, foreclosure prevention, consumer protection, and creative financial options crafted specially for seniors.
- Massachusetts Senior Care Association – The state’s leading senior care organization representing nursing facilities, assisted living residences and continuing care retirement communities and provides information on general senior care resources in Massachusetts, including a facility finder.
- Massachusetts Certified Assisted Living Residences – A list of certified assisted-living facilities in MA, from the Executive Office of Elder Affairs. This list has been updated for the year of 2021.
- MA Guide to Obtaining Housing Assistance – Guide provided by the Massachusetts Department of Housing and Community Development. The guide references housing applications as well as rental assistance programs for Massachusetts residents.
- Medline Plus: Assisted Living – Assisted living basics, research and statistics, and tools to find a facility all from Medline Plus.
- Legal Services for Older Americans Program – There are approximately 1,000 Older Americans Act-funded legal services providers nationwide, which provide nearly one million hours of legal assistance each year. Search this site for programs, networks, and focus areas that support older Americans.
- US Department of Housing and Urban Development – Provides guides on how to find affordable housing as well as information on financial assistance resources. HUD also provides a contact page to reach out and speak with an HUD housing councilor to talk about your situation.
- Habitat for Humanity: Aging in Place Program – Local Habitat Affiliates collaborate with human services organizations to evaluate the needs of home owners to make repairs and modifications to fit the owner’s lifestyle to preserve their home and independence. Find your local Habitat affiliate here.